01 Sep 2021
Sogetsu Magazine 2021 Autumn is on Sale!
Flowers for tomorrow.
- Price：1,437 Yen
- Softcover：88 pages
- Language：Japanese and English
- Date of Issue：Sep/1/2021
- Item No.：A5121
20th Anniversary Akane Teshigahara Solo Exhibition "CONNECT"
Iemoto Akane held a solo exhibition entitled “CONNECT” in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of her succession as Iemoto at Sogetsu WEST, our new base in Western Japan.
That creative space, where the entire venue was made to look like a piece of artwork, was filled with the time and thoughts that the Iemoto had shared with plants, and drew many visitors despite restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
20th Anniversary : Kimonos with Memories
Since becoming the fourth Iemoto of Sogetsu in 2001, Iemoto Akane has appeared in various places wearing beautiful kimono.The Iemoto introduces 11 of her most memorable kimonos that she wore with all her heart and soul to suit the occasion.
Baton of Vases
In the “Baton of Vases”, three artists arrange their ikebana using the same vase.
How do the vases look in the hands of each artist? Let’s enjoy the twelve creative works arranged in four different vases.
Teshigahara Akane Her Words and Works
- Reaching for the Future
- 20th Anniversary Akane Teshigahara Solo Exhibition “CONNECT”
- 20th Anniversary : Kimonos with Memories
Ikebanists of Sogetsu
- Baton of Vases
Katayama Ken, Sekita Ikuen, Akiyama Miharu, Kato Kumiko, Sumide Bisen, Sawada Koei
- Flowers in profusion
Isono Gaho, Iwabuchi Koka, Okazaki Shinobu, Ozawa Seiko, Yamada Soho, Kubo Tankei, Fukushima Koka, Takenaka Reiko
- An artist trying to change the world Nagasaka Mago
- Ikka-Sanbo(One kind of material in three distinctive variations)⑦：Baby’s breath
- To the Cities of the World 29 : Louise Worner in Madrid
- What’s in an ikebana work? (Sofu’s Lecture Note) 23 ： “If the flowers are the main feature, the container should be subordinate to the flowers.Likewise, if the container is the main focus, then the flowers should be secondary to it ”, “Omission of Shushi(main stems)
- Teacher’s Workshop Thema:Arranging flowers with the color of the vase in mind
- Life with Flowers (Artist Profile)： Maeda Sanae
How to order
You can place an order or apply for a subscription at the Sogetsu Shuppan counter or through a certified Sogetsu teacher.
This magazine is also available at the Sogetsu Shuppan section in Shop Flora on the 4th floor of the Sogetsu Kaikan.
For information on mail-order, please refer to “Purchase via Mail-Order” in the Shop page.
Subscribe to the Sogetsu Magazine
Sogetsu Quarterly Magazines(4 issues a year):9,148 Yen
(the shipping charge inc. & accepted Air only)
It usually starts from 2021 Summer to 2022 Spring.
However we accept to change that.
Please feel free to contact us.
Sogetsu Calendar 2023 & Sogetsu Pocket Diary 2023 Now...
Bring ikebana closer to you. The calendar is a compact, two-fold type. Sogetsu Techo 2023 is also looking good!
03 Oct 2022
26 Mar 2021